If you are new to Shopify dropshipping or eCommerce then this is obvious that you will get this question in your mind that “how to find out what Shopify theme a website is using?“
And this question arises when you are spying on other Shopify stores.
Yes, it’s really important in eCommerce to spy on Shopify stores of competitors and get ahead of the game.
So, there are four ways to find out what Shopify theme a website is using. The first one is a favorite that I use daily.
1) Commerce Inspector – Reveal themes, apps, bestsellers, recently added products, traffic sources, and all the sales insights of any store. (Use coupon code referral25 to get $25 Off per month)
Commerce Inspector is a free Shopify chrome extension that helps you in getting all the insights of your competitor’s stores in one click.
- Reveal Themes of any Shopify store: It reveals the name of the theme that a particular Shopify store is using. Firstly, you have to open a website that is running on the Shopify platform, and then you just have to click on the commerce inspector chrome extension in your google chrome browser. It will open up with the details as you can see in the pic below.
- Sales Insights: If you want to find out how many sales a Shopify store is making, then this is the tool you need.
- Products: It also shows you the products that have been recently added to any Shopify store and also reveals the most used tags of the store.
Image Credits: Commerce Inspector
- Apps: Apps play a very important role in the success of any Shopify eCommerce store and that is why this tool reveals all the apps that your competitors are using right now so that you can also implement the same type of strategy to skyrocket your sales.
- Bestselling: Bestselling products are the ones that generate the maximum revenue for any of the stores. And imagine if you know the exact bestsellers that other stores have and the date they have added these bestsellers to their stores. With this Commerce Inspector tool, you are just a click away to get to know all the high revenue-generating products of any Shopify store.
- Traffic: Get all the detailed traffic insights of any Shopify store. Check how much traffic the store is getting and find all the traffic sources from which the website is getting the highest amount of traffic.
Image Credits: Commerce Inspector
This is one of my favorite tools for eCommerce dropshipping. You can install this FREE Commerce Inspector Chrome Extension by clicking here.
2) Inspect Element: You can also use the inspect element to check the name of the Shopify theme that a website is using currently. Follow these steps to find out the name of the Shopify theme of your competitor’s store.
a) Open the website running on the Shopify platform for which you want to find out the name of the theme.
b) Right-click anywhere on the website and click on the inspect option.
c) Then click on the “elements” tab.
d) Then search for the “theme” in the code and press Enter. (See the image below)
e) You will find some of the highlighted words in the code.
f) You can check in the image below it is showing the name of the theme as Brooklyn.
In this way, you can easily check your competitor’s website and find out what theme they are using.
3) Shopify Theme Detector: It’s an online tool that can help you in finding the name of the theme by just typing the URL of the Shopify store. It does the same work that we had done with Inspect Element for finding the name of the theme. But on this website, all this work is done in the backend and you don’t have to get into the code and search for specific words here.
Just put the URL and get the name of the theme.
4) Shopify Inspector: This is one of the new shop inspect tools in the market that I came to know when I was searching for the best Shopify spy tools. Shopify Inspector chrome extension does not only show you the name of the theme of the Shopify store but also shows you the whole Shopify store structure, newly added products, best sellers, product statistics like the highest price, and an average price of the products on the store you are spying on.
These are the four ways to detect Shopify theme on any eCommerce store that is running on the Shopify platform.
If you are new to eCommerce or dropshipping and want to set up your Shopify store, then don’t forget to check out my YouTube channel, which will help you in setting up your store quickly.
If you know any other Shopify theme finder then please let me know in the comment section below.